FROM OUR BOOK: Market Bag
Our Book features 33 projects for your handmade home. In this blog series, we are featuring projects from the Modern Macramé book - you will learn a bit about the behind the scenes, as well as the best materials to use in your macramé projects.
In honor of Plastic Free July, this month's project is the Market Bag! We wanted to showcase a fun DIY idea and a simple change you can make in your day-to-day life to reduce your plastic waste!A versatile companion, this bag is as equally suited for a flower-foraging expedition, with branched and blossoms peeking out of the top and sides, as it is a trip to the farmers' market to be filled with all the fixings for an inspired meal. Or throw it on with a special outfit and fancy shoes on your way to an art opening.To make the Market Bag, you will need 422' of our jute rope. This pattern is made using a variety of knots including the Reverse Lark's Head Knot, Square Knot, Sinnet of Square Knots, Alternating Rounds of Square Knot, etc. You can learn how to make these (along with more techniques and tutorials) on our YouTube Channel!
- Bring your reusable market bags to help reduce plastic waste.
- Find plastic-free alternatives when buying fruit & veggies.
- Bring a reusable coffee cup or dine-in at your local café.
- BYO reusable water bottle instead of buying plastic ones.
- Refuse plastic straws when buying a drink & BYO reusable alternative.
- Get a group together to clean up a park or beach!
- Join (or create) a group of people doing Plastic Free July...
- Read more ideas at PlasticFreeJuly.org
This project is made with our 6MM JUTE ROPE. Other projects from the book that use this versatile material are the Beaded Plant Hanger, Welcome Home Accent Rug, and the Kyoto Market Trivet.
Check out our book for the full patterns for these jute projects! Be sure to share what you make with us using #modernmacramebook and tagging @modernmacrame on Instagram. Our book is available here, on amazon, or wherever books are sold.
Photos by Nicole Franzen and Shannon Wolf. Styling by Anne Parker.
Any other questions for us? How can we make this experience better for you?
Let us know if the comments below!