Sunburst Basket Pattern - Download
We are thrilled to be in collaboration with Anne Weil of Flax & Twine! Using one bundle of our 5mm rope and Anne’s Daytime linen she has designed the stylish Sunburst Basket, a project suitable for beginners and intermediates alike with no knot knowledge necessary!
With a video tutorial included you will learn how to shape this handsome basket using a relatively simple coiling technique. Use this basket as an understated and elegant, table centerpiece or proudly hang this visually arresting Sunburst on your wall.
This Pattern is a digital DOWNLOAD! Once you've completed checkout you will receive an EMAIL with a link to download the pattern.
Finished Size: Approximately 12" (30cm) in diameter
Knots and Techniques:
- Twining with a needle
Making Time: This project takes approximately 10 hours to complete
Suggested Skill Level: Beginner +
Meet the Maker: Anne Weil is a fiber artist and teacher and is the distinguished author of Weaving Within Reach and other books on fiber craft. Learn more about Anne in our conversation with her, here!
For one basket you'll need the following materials:
- One bundle of 5mm Cotton Rope, (we chose Wheat)
- One skein of Daytime Linen (we choose Ivory)
- One Darning Needle
- Work this project on a flat surface! The skill in creating this basket lies in finding the proper tension as you coil. This will be better achieved by working this project on a table or large tray, rather than directly on your lap.
- Want to get your materials and pattern all in one place? Check out our pre-bundled Sunburst Basket Kits!
- What are you knotting up and how can we help you? Craft Help is here to help! Drop us a line with your rope-related query: email@example.com
Limited edition & artist made
Among our most popular items!
Selected with intention by Emily Katz