Bermuda Portal Wall Hanging
This project is one of three in our Travel Series; wall hangings that were created in response to Emily’s photos of her travels around the world.
Evocative of roads less traveled, possibility and a yearning for exploration the Bermuda Portal will make a lovely addition to your modern home. Learn how to color block and master your Vertical Double Half Hitch while making this lush and geometric composition!
Sold as a Kit or as a single Pattern Download
Knots and Techniques:
- Reverse Larks Head Knot
- Square Knot
- Horizontal Double Half Hitch
- Vertical Double Half Hitch
- Rya Knot
Knotting Time: This project will take approximately 15 hours to make.
Suggested Skill Level: Intermediate
- Five Bundles 5mm cotton rope Color A (We chose Peach)
- Two bundles of 5mm cotton rope Color B (We chose Natural)
- Three bundles of 5mm cotton rope Color C (We chose Light Gray)
- One 24" wooden dowel, branch or driftwood.
Click here for a shortcut to your shopping list!
Designed lovingly for you by our team at Modern Macramé. Want to meet us? Check out our About section!
Make it easy, let us send you all the required materials! The Bermuda Portal Wall Hanging Pattern Download with Kit includes the following materials:
- One Spool of 5mm cotton rope in Peach
- Two bundles of 5mm cotton rope in Natural
- Three bundles of 5mm cotton rope in Light Gray
- One 24" wooden dowel
- One Pattern Download
- For an extra pop of boho styling use a branch or piece of driftwood you’ve foraged to make this piece!
- Don't want to make it yourself? Purchase the pre-made version here!
- Pattern Downloads will arrive in your inbox directly after your order has been confirmed!
- What are you knotting up and how can we help you? Craft Help is here to help! Drop us a line with your rope-related query: email@example.com
The macramé Pattern is a digital DOWNLOAD! Once you've completed checkout you will receive an EMAIL with a link to download the pattern.
We ship Monday through Friday, except for major holidays. Orders typically ship within 1-2 business days. Please allow for an additional 5 days for shipment during a sale period.
We make sure to ship every item in the most economical way possible. Shipping rope is expensive because it is HEAVY. We do our best to offer the best rates and most sustainable way to get your package to you. We pack your orders in recycled boxes sealed with recycled paper tape and use biodegradable, recycled poly mailers for your smaller orders.
Shipping is FREE (within the US) on all orders over $100.
We ship via USPS and UPS domestically. Depending on the carrier and shipping speed you choose, shipping typically takes 2-5 days from the ship date (not the order date). However, carriers can experience unexpected delays outside of our control, so we can’t guarantee delivery timeframes, and can only provide estimates.
- Expedited shipping: Outside of sale periods, orders placed by 10am will ship the same day. Any orders placed after 10am will ship the following business day
- International shipping: We offer international shipping via DHL as well as USPS and UPS where available. Please note that shipping times vary and may include potential customs delays.
Local to Portland, Oregon? We offer free curbside pick up at our warehouse or retail space, you choose which location works best for you! Just choose local pick up at checkout and follow the email instructions to schedule the location, day and time.
For more information about shipping, returns, etc. please review our Shipping & Returns page. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Thanks for understanding and for supporting our small, women operated business.
Limited edition & artist made
Selected with intention by Emily Katz
You won’t find this treasure anywhere else!