Our Mission is to offer Quality Craft Materials, Inspirational Content & Education, and Cultivate this wonderful Community.
Founder, Chief Creative Officer, Author
Emily has taught macrame to thousands around the globe, from private lessons, to beautifully curated workshops, to team building for creative companies. Her aim is to not only share her love of this simple craft, but also inspire people to be better versions of themselves.
Emily has been featured in Forbes, The LA Times, London Daily Mail, Buzzfeed, Nylon Magazine, Ku:nel, Popeye Magazine, and Elle Japan, Elle NL, and Elle France to name a few.
Her first book, Modern Macramé, 33 Stylish Projects for Your Handmade Home, was released by Ten Speed Press in May 2018.
Modern Macramé grew out of Emily's observation of a lack of accessible and high quality materials for crafters and fiber artists, and so in 2014, the company was born.
- Emily talks business on the Copper 5mm rope "corded telephone". Her dad would be proud.
Operations & Wellness
- Jen and the Blue bundle, together at last.
Customer Relations, Pattern Writing & Development
- Sarah gets tangled with our Blush 3mm Rope.
Social Media & Marketing
- Lynz takes a spin with our Peach 4mm String.
Production, Pattern Development, Stylist
She also makes super rad earrings:
- Elspeth makes our 9mm string in Natural feel extra glamorous.