Sun Spots Macraweave Wall Hanging Tutorial
Macra-weave is the process of combining macramé with elements of basic weaving.
In this project you will have the opportunity to “sample” a variety of simple techniques. Some you may know and some may be new to you..
..But each one is a building block of this popular craft. And the result is this vibrant wall hanging! Let’s weave together.
This Macramé Tutorial is a digital DOWNLOAD! Once you've completed checkout you will receive an EMAIL with a link to view the tutorial.
Finished Size: Approximately 30 inches x 8 inches including fringe
Knots and Techniques:
- Reverse Lark's Head
- Horizontal Double Half Hitch
- Rya Knot
- Twilling and Opposing Twill
- Basic Weaving
Knotting Time: This project takes approximately 2-4 hours to complete
Suggested Skill Level: Beginner and up!
Designed lovingly by our team at Modern Macramé.
To complete the Sun Spots Wall Hanging, you'll need to get the following materials:
- One Natural bundle of 5mm Cotton Rope
- 30' of Light Gray 9mm Cotton Cord
- One bundle of Natural Wool Roving
- One ball of Silk Sari Ribbon in color A (we chose Sky)
- One ball of Silk Sari Ribbon in color B (we chose Sun)
- One 12" dowel or piece of foraged driftwood
- Two S-Hooks
Easily find all the required materials here in this shopping list!