Tough Love Felted Wool Yarn 150’
We are thrilled to offer this fabulous, felted wool yarn from our friends at Love Fest Fibers! This super chunky yarn like no other. Each vibrant ball of Tough Love is skillfully hand felted by our team in Kathmandu. It was given its name for a reason– you'll find that it's super strong and resilient felt.
This rough and tumble member of the Love Fest family is fantastic for rugs, poufs, pet beds and baskets as well as macrame and weaving projects. Each 50-yard ball of Tough Love takes 3-4 hours to create. We've been partnering with our workshop of skilled women artisans to create Tough Love since early 2014. Today it helps provide vital job opportunities as they and their families rebuild their lives from the 2015 earthquakes and ongoing fuel crisis.
Fiber Content: 100% New Zealand wool
Approx. Length: 50 yards (45m)
Weight: 25 oz.
Origin: Handmade in Nepal
Recommended Skill Level:
Beginner and up!
*Lengths are approximate and may vary slightly from spool to spool
**Please note that even though we do our very best to display our colors as accurately as possible, actual colors may vary slightly from what you see on your screen. In addition there may be slight color variation between different manufacturing batches; exact color-matching of older and newer yarn may not be possible.
- Suggested knitting needles: US Size 50 (25mm)
- Suggested crochet hook: US Size U (25mm)
- No tools necessary for many projects, just your hands
- Care: Hand wash cold and air dry (the beauty of Tough Love is that it is already felt so won’t felt when washed). May be dry cleaned. Avoid direct sunlight to keep colors happy!
- Shedding when first working with a new ball of Tough Love is normal and will decrease with time.
- Feel the felt when you knot up soft and squishy Many Diamonds Rug from our book (p.178)!
Local to Portland, Oregon? Click through to the cart page, and select Pickup to get your goodies from the Modern Macramé Studio.
Get Free Ground shipping (in the USA) on all orders over $100
We don't up-charge on shipping. What you pay is what we are charged by the shipping companies, not including the cost of our boxes, tape, and labor for boxing things up nicely for you!
We use 100% recycled materials and post consumer materials in all our shipping products.
Thanks for understanding and for supporting our small, women operated business.
Limited edition & artist made
Selected with intention by Emily Katz
Made by Hand
This product was lovingly handcrafted with you in mind!