Sun Spots Macraweave Wall Hanging Tutorial
Macra-weave is the process of combining macramé with elements of basic weaving.
In this project you will have the opportunity to “sample” a variety of simple techniques. Some you may know and some may be new to you..
..But each one is a building block of this popular craft. And the result is this vibrant wall hanging! Let’s weave together.
Available as a stand along video tutorial or save on your materials and purchase as a kit!
For the month of November get the tutorial for free when you participate in our Knot Along! Learn more here.
This Macramé Tutorial is a digital DOWNLOAD! Once you've completed checkout you will receive an EMAIL with a link to view the tutorial.
Finished Size: Approximately 30 inches x 8 inches including fringe
Knots and Techniques:
- Reverse Lark's Head
- Horizontal Double Half Hitch
- Rya Knot
- Twilling and Opposing Twill
- Basic Weaving
Knotting Time: This project takes approximately 2-4 hours to complete
Suggested Skill Level: Beginner and up!
Designed lovingly by our team at Modern Macramé.
To complete the Sun Spots Wall Hanging, you'll need to get the following materials:
- One Natural bundle of 5mm Cotton Rope
- 30' of Light Gray 9mm Cotton Cord
- One bundle of Natural Wool Roving
- One ball of Silk Sari Ribbon in color A (we chose Sky)
- One ball of Silk Sari Ribbon in color B (we chose Sun)
- One 12" dowel or piece of foraged driftwood
- Two S-Hooks
Easily find all the required materials here in this shopping list!
When you purchase the Video Tutorial + Kit, you'll receive the following:
- One bundle of 5mm Cotton Rope
- 30' of 9mm Cotton Cord
- One bundle of Wool Roving
- One ball of Silk Sari Ribbon in color A
- One ball of Silk Sari Ribbon in color B
- One 12" dowel
- Two S-Hooks
Specify your preferred colors in the notes section of your Cart. If no preference is listed, we'll ship you the colors from the sample photographed.